Custom Search

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Running on Hope

Its been a long time since I felt so good; Hope is the best feeling in the world. Honestly, there are time I actually don't scratch off those lotto tickets. Simply because the hope that its a winner is more fun.

Its been a long time since I have been running on hope. Despite my attempts at making pajama money, being rich isn't what I'm after (though I wouldn't mind if it happens). I think what I want is what most people want, to be financially free. Free to make our own choices, free to have time with our loved ones. After all, that is how a typical 9to5 job works, we trade our time for money.

Anyways, I came across the notion of Automated Forex Robots while surfing the internet. I liked the idea of it because they are designed to make you money, while you literally do nothing. Who wouldn't like to do nothing and make money? That's the Epiphany of pajama money! So I bought a Forex Robot, opened a demo brokerage account, followed all the instructions and low and behold! My account blew up :( along with my next three feeble attempts. sniff sniff :(

Then back again I was, in the grind stone, the troubles and worries that my work brings on. I gave up the notion of 'pajama money'. I don't have a typical 9to5. Though I am a well educated Engineer, I foolishly took a job for an Oil Field Services Company. MONEY DOES NOT buy happiness. My job is more like 24/7, 8 weeks on in some base camp in the middle of the Egyptian desert and then I get 2 weeks off. Did I mention the 2 weeks is apart of the vacation too? So basically I work 24/7, no evenings off, my family in another country, only to get the equivalent of all my weekends rolled into one... My flight to and from home takes up 1 set of weekends, I pay for the flight no less, but now I am ranting, so back to my story...

I was miserable at work, we were understaffed, we were under-resourced, we were perturbed by clients who were behaving childishly and erratically (I've come to discover this is mostly a cultural phenomenon with this country), good hard working employees were getting warning letters and fired right and left. Finally, my vacation time came up, I was so ticked off, I scheduled my days off for 5 weeks! I was going to get Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years all rolled into one long vacation. As I was leaving, new management came to my base camp, who didn't question the unusually long duration. He simply stated to go and forget all this, just go and get refreshed.

I was happy at home, I did forget it all, I got to that place where everything was right again. No fear of doing anything irrationally, like a quick split decision to quit my job, which would result in probably going bankrupt and losing everything I own including my shirt! I had a great time with my family, but I wasn't running on hope yet. I simply had escaped my doom and gloom, of a job/place i didn't like and didn't want to be in, for only a period of time. As time approached to go back, i felt something. I felt the unhappiness coming back, the anxieties; what if this job is the best I will ever do, what if I never get out of this place, and all the other worries that came with it?

I thought of the last movie I saw in the theatres before I left, 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'. There was a point in the movie, when it was stated that only at the precipice do people change. I think the realty of coming back, not being able to forget the 'Job' anymore was my precipice. It renewed my pursuit of finding a way to make 'pajama money'. Simply put, I have to Get Outta Of This Place! I'm burned out, my family had noticed it long ago, and were even asking about my 'heavy heart' to my mother. This just made it feel heavier, I was trying not to let my troubles at work affect them, but holding it all in, probably worried them even more.

With my renewed pursuit ignited, I retraced all my steps at using an Automated Forex Robot. I opened a new demo account with http://www.interbankfx.com/, I installed the FAPTS EA provided from FAP Winner .com, and followed all the instructions and recommendations from the forum. When that was through, I double and triple check everything. My demo account was little, maybe about 500 dollars. I wanted it to be representative of what a real live account would be. Wouldn't you know it, that demo account was making 10 bucks a day until the market closed for the Holidays. It was working!

All the way back to the Egyptian Desert I was Running on Hope! When I arrived, in my email was email, some guy trying to make a name for himself was giving away free copies of his Automated Forex Robot - Forex Auto-Scalper http://www.forex-auto-scalper.com/. I opened the recommended Broker Demo Account at http://www.forexmeta.com/ and followed all the instructions. Its also been steadily making money! Too bad its not real money, yet!

So that is why I am Running on Hope; I like this place in my emotional being, its better than I've felt in a long time! I'm letting my demo accounts run, but next payday, I'm going to start my live accounts at around 250-500 USD, with me luck!

New Years Resolution, be successful enough as a Forex Trader to QUIT this job!

So to recap my total investments into the 'Pajama Money' efforts:
  • Signed up with Forex Autopilot .com (~100USD)
  • Join a Forex Auto Pilot Group, FAP Winner .com, Gold Membership (~400 USD)
  • Acer Aspire One Netbook (~400)

I'm am operating the FAPTS EA and the Forex Auto-Scalper in demo accounts. My plan is to open Live accounts, around 250-500 USD for each Robot next pay day at the end of the month. Assuming of course the demo accounts are doing well.

Wish me luck, and good luck to anyone who happens upon this blog! My your efforts at Pajama Money be a success :)

No comments: