So I was very interested when I came across the following website: http://comparethemarket.webs.com/
One of the entries was for an online gaming system that 'actually worked' playing roulette. I gave it a try, playing for fun NOT real money, with the following casinos: Rushmore, Cherry Red, and Slots Oasis. I played for fun using the method as outlined from the Compare The Market website. And guess what! I bankrolled, most unpleasantly, but like I said, it was for fun, so no real money lost. The system pretty much goes like this:
Make an outside bet of $1- Black or Red, Odd or Even, Lower 18 or Upper 18.
FYI, this is a roulette game table, it consists of numbered slots 0-36 and that are either colored black or red (with the exception of 0). The American version is the same, except it consists of an extra 00 slot. Players make there bets by placing their chips on the table. An inside bet is made by betting on a specific number (even zero) or set of numbers an outside bet is made by betting on the colors black/red, odd/even, 1-18/19-36, etc. The roulette wheel is then spun and subsequently where the ball lands determines the payouts to the house and/or the gamblers. By placing an outside bet, the player is almost guaranteed a 50/50 chance of winning. Because zero is almost always a win for the house, the chance of winning an outside bet is 18/37 approximately 48%.

Anyways, back to the system: Make any outside bet of $1. If the player loses, double the bet and keep doubling until a win. Once a bet is won, go back to the start by placing $1 bets.
For example:
Bet $1 on Red - Spin is Red - Win
Bet $1 on Black - Spin is Black - Win
Bet $1 on Black- Spin is Red - Loss
Bet $2 on Black - Spin is Red - Loss
Bet $4 on Black - Spin is Red - Loss
Bet $8 on Black - Spin is Black - Win
Bet $1 on Red - Spin is Red - Win
Go to the website to read more, but the idea is that it is statistically not likely that a streak will go more the eight spins without breaking. Consider how many spins it would take to bankroll: 1-2-4-8-16-32-64-128-bankroll. When I played for fun, I bankrolled plenty of times with 9-streaks, so I started waiting for at least 3-streaks before I even thought about doubling, I would just take the the $1 losses. I managed to double my fun accounts.
I then decided to take the plunge and try my method with real money, I put $500 into Cherry Red Casino, an amount I was willing to lose. I also managed to double it, that made me pretty happy. Of course, I withdrew my investment and just left the profits ~$610. I then switched to Rushmore Casino, and also managed to double my $500, but I kept on playing and quickly came accross a string of 14 and 15 streaks??? Those made me suspicious so I withdrew the other $500 in profits from Cherry Red Casino and called it quits. I had put $500 into each casino, $1000 total invested which I also withdrew, so no loss from my little adventure. I even have just over $100 in both real money casino accounts if I decide to try again or just play for fun.
I don't plan to really try again though, even though its a possibility to earn some extra bucks, roulette is just plain BORING. Nor do I have any interest in developing more problems than I already have!
Cheers, Pajama Monkey
No comments:
Post a Comment