To put things into some perspective; I am well educated with a BS in Electrical Engineering and after only two years seniority, working for an oil field services company, command a six figure income at 25 years old.
I think most people would think, wow after only two years and already six figures! But, unfortunately, I am not so happy with my job. Long hours, 24/7 literally, and poor rotation. For every eight weeks, I get two weeks off - only, no more, no less. Did I also mention I work in a base camp in the middle of the Egyptian desert? So, I am far away from friends and family and pretty much have no life. Those 9-5ers are getting evenings, weekends, and holidays in their own homes and with their loved ones. Still though, the money isn't bad and I have a great house, umm I just don't live there... Not to mention, you can't buy time or happiness for that matter.
Thus, comes my quest to earn, what I will term as 'pajama money'. Money I can earn from home while still in my pajamas. My goal will be to find a way to ultimately replace my income with multiple streams from this type of work, along side any other investments that I can think of such as vending machines and tree farming.
Wish me luck as I document my attempts, hopefully I will make it and those who read can follow my steps!
Cheers, Pajama Monkey
I think most people would think, wow after only two years and already six figures! But, unfortunately, I am not so happy with my job. Long hours, 24/7 literally, and poor rotation. For every eight weeks, I get two weeks off - only, no more, no less. Did I also mention I work in a base camp in the middle of the Egyptian desert? So, I am far away from friends and family and pretty much have no life. Those 9-5ers are getting evenings, weekends, and holidays in their own homes and with their loved ones. Still though, the money isn't bad and I have a great house, umm I just don't live there... Not to mention, you can't buy time or happiness for that matter.
Thus, comes my quest to earn, what I will term as 'pajama money'. Money I can earn from home while still in my pajamas. My goal will be to find a way to ultimately replace my income with multiple streams from this type of work, along side any other investments that I can think of such as vending machines and tree farming.
Wish me luck as I document my attempts, hopefully I will make it and those who read can follow my steps!
Cheers, Pajama Monkey
No comments:
Post a Comment